Today I decided to do a little extra to compensate for the missed day, so I did a run/swim brick workout. After running four hard miles, I went straight to the pool and had a really great swim. Despite having just run, my three sets of 100 freestyle were faster than they've ever been. 1:52, 1:56, and 2:01. I don't do kickturns, so this is fast for me. During the workout on Sunday, for example, my times were 1:58, 2:00, 2:07, 2:02. Feel great now, though am hoping I'm not burnt out for my eight mile run tomorrow.
WORKOUTS
- 2/28 day off (recovery)
- 3/1 swim: 300 warm-up, 200 w/Techpaddle, 4 x 100 freestyle, 75 frontkicking (hands at sides), 50 sidekicking, 75 frontkicking (hands out front), 150 w/Techpaddles and pull buoy, 50 stroke count drill, 300 cool-down
- 3/2 day off (getting over a cold)
- 3/3 4 mile run; swim: 200 warm-up, 150 w/Techpaddles, 3 x 100 freestyle, 50 sidekicking, 50 frontkicking (hands out front), 50 frontkicking (hands at sides), 150 w/Techpaddles and pull buoy, 200 cool-down
No comments:
Post a Comment