As for the questions in the title of this post, I do have a more in-depth answer, and it is three-fold.
1.) This blog will serve to chart my training progress and help me to plan my workouts.
2.) It will be a record of events, almost like a diary, which I can look back on in nine months after (knock on wood) I finish my second Ironman (IM Wisconsin).
3.) It will allow my family and friends an insight into what I am going through preparing for an Ironman.
In preparation for IM Louisville this year, being new to the sport of triathlon itself, I kept pretty quiet about my training. I had no idea if I'd even make it out of the water from the swim, let alone whether I would finish. So when the day of the IM finally arrived, despite my having told people I was planning to do it, I think many were surprised I was actually going through with it, even more so that I finished, and even more so that I finished in a respectable time.
So this year, then, I have decided to shift gears. From training in near seclusion to training with near complete transparency, to the best of my abilities and as much as time allows, I will record my efforts in preparing for what, hopefully, will be the second notch in my IM belt. Ironman Wisconsin, my becoming an Iron-moo!
WORKOUT
- 12/28 4 mile run, Pilates, 10 mile spin
No comments:
Post a Comment