Thursday, April 9, 2009

In the Groove

Swim and spin both felt pretty good today. My left hamstring didn't hurt at all, though it has this lingering, noticeable presence there, unlike any of my other muscles. Will try to take it somewhat easy on my runs this week.

I am gaining confidence back in my swimming. I'm still not all that fast, but my stamina feels like it's back. The total distance of the workout today was just about the half-ironman distance, and it wasn't all that taxing. I didn't push the pace or anything, but I tried to go a bit above a relaxed effort, and it felt good. It helped that there were some younger people in the pool today, rather than the typical geriatric pool-walkers. Having someone faster than you swimming nearby is a great booster, almost like a challenge they don't know they're making. Someday hopefully I'll be the fast one in the pool. For now, though, just gotta keep practicing.

WORKOUT
  • 4/8 Swim: 350 warm-up, 1500 freestyle, 350 cool-down; 22 mile spin

No comments:

Post a Comment