Monday, April 6, 2009

Long Night

Have I mentioned how much I'd rather be riding my road bike than my spin bike? Well, I would. Getting on the spin bike at one in the morning after a ten hour shift, knowing I'll be riding it for two and a half hours is daunting. Even watching a movie while riding doesn't help all that much. I made it through a movie and two episodes of Arrested Development, and climbed off the bike at 3:30 am. I at least can say it felt good to be finished.

Not surprisingly, I overslept the next morning for what was slated to be my long run of 13 miles. Having to be back at work at 2 pm, I rolled straight out of bed and into my running clothes, hit the road and squeezed in nine miles before the clock forced me to get home and shower for work.

Having survived a back to back long bike and long run, I made it to my day off (today), and proceeded to sleep in until one in the afternoon. It was great! Sleeping is one thing that I don't have problems with anymore. Ironman training is the world's greatest sleep aid.

WORKOUT
  • 4/5 5 mile run (outside), 40 mile spin
  • 4/6 9 mile run (outside)
  • 4/7 day off (recovery)

2 comments:

  1. Nice job!.... Here's a great weekend of riding we should seriously consider doing. Do you work this weekend??? June 13,14http://www.qcbc.org/tomrv/index.html
    200 miles of biking - all supported, close to us, and we can even stay at a college dorm if we don't want to go home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. double checked, it's 196 miles in 2 days. We can get a reserved sleeping bag space at Clarke College dorm lounge for $18. I would just bring a foam pad to lay on. Additional $57 for entry fee by April 15.

    ReplyDelete